Sunday, January 22, 2012

"Les voir!...Le voir!" from Massenet's "Thérèse"

Again a beautiful part of Jules Massenet's Thérèse! Agnes singing with Francisco Araiza. You can find the French and the English lyrics below the posted video;) 
Recorded Feb 10-14 198/"Auditorium del Foro Italico"/Conductor: Gerd Albrecht
Don't forget: Agnes Baltsa is the best!:))



French lyrics:


Thérèse:


Les voir!...Le voir!
Grand dieu!


Armand:


Là!


Thérèse:


Pas vous, non! Pas vous!
Ah! C'est horrible!
Là! Le soleil est rouge et rouge aussi la Seine!
Soir de Juin! Soir d'été!
Les hirondel les passent
mèlant leurs cris de joie
à nos cris de terreur!...


Armand:


Mais nous irons cherchant le rêve
où tu voudras!


Thérèse:


Oh! Non, non pas ces mots de folie! Partez!


Armand:


Je partirai
Mais au moins jure moi 
que lorsque tu sauras
où t'attendra mon à me,
quand je te le dirai
tu viendras, tu viendras!


Thérèse:


Oui, oui...


Armand:


Tu le promets?


Thérèse:


oui...


Armand:


Tu me le jures!


Thérèse:


oui! Mais va t'en! Va t'en!


Armand:


Jure-moi lorsque tu le sauras...
tu viendras, tu viendras!


Thérèse:


Je le jure! Adieu!


Armand:


Non! Au revoir! Au revoir!


Ensemble:


Au revoir!




English lyrics:


Thérèse:


See them!...See him! My God!


Armand:


Ah!


Thérèse:


Not you! No! Not you!
Dread horror!
There the sun is red and red too is the Seine!
Summer evening in June!
When the swallows around us blend
their cries rejoicing 
with our cries of alarm!...


Armand:


But let us seek the dream together, in far regions!


Thérèse:


No, no, no, for such words 
are but madness! Away!


Armand:


Yes, I will go, but at least swear to me
that as soon as you learn where 
my spirit awaits you, you will come
at my call, come to me, come to me!


Thérèse:


Yes, yes...


Armand:


Give me your oath?


Thérèse:


Yes...


Armand:


Give me your promise!


Thérèse:


Yes, but haste away!


Armand:


Swear to me you will come at my call...
come to me, come to me!


Thérèse:


Yes, I swear it! Farewell!...


Armand:


No! We shall meet once again!


Together:


My love!





No comments:

Post a Comment